One of the easiest ways to create and distribute multiple documents of different formats is by combining them into a single PDF file. Besides the ease of distribution a one document brings to the table, using a PDF for distribution also gives you the opportunity to exchange information more reliably for a number of reasons:
- One viewer required. Delivery as a PDF file removes the uncertainty you have when sharing an assortment of files from different applications. Apart from the potential issues in distributing files across Windows, Mac and other platforms, even sharing common Microsoft Office formats can create major headaches. For example, a Microsoft Office 2003 user can’t view documents created in Microsoft Office 2007 without installing an update. PDF gives you confidence that your documents will be viewable, since PDF viewers are so widespread across all platforms.
- Smaller files. Generally speaking, PDF files tend to come out smaller than Microsoft Word, Excel and many others because, when converted, a lot of the formatting and structure is left behind, making for lighter files. Smaller size means faster, cheaper and more efficient delivery.
- Instantly searchable. When files like HTML, DOC, Excel and other text-based documents are converted to PDF, they remain just as searchable. When you combine a collection of files together — for example, all those related to a particular project or client — recipients can search all the contents at once because they are delivered as the one file.
- Easy to navigate. When you have combined files with a decent file-combining tool (one that auto-generates bookmarks in the PDF), you make it easy for your recipients to get to each document inside the PDF with a simple click of the mouse.
How to combine files to PDF
Combining a file in Nitro Pro is actually incredibly easy. A few clicks and you can have a new document in seconds. Just follow along with these simple steps:
- Click Combine in the Nitro Pro ribbon
- Select your files from the Add Files button and organize them in the order you want
- Click Create and you’re done!
It’s that simple to combine all of your PDF files the way you want. For more information on combining files into a PDF, visit: http://www.nitropdf.com/pro/features.